[Opensim-dev] Development models

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Fri Apr 17 17:14:57 UTC 2009

Sort of, yes.  Except in opensim pretty much everything happens on head.
IMO, ideally the hypergrid stuff would be done on a branch (and if I
want that I can check out from that branch) and the changes wouldn't
make it back into core until any changes to interfaces (or new
implementations of interfaces) was defined and completed.

I'm not picking on your work. It's good stuff.  I'm arguing for more
rigour in how things get into core and the modularity of the platform
gets improved.  As a new developer understanding whats in OpenSim is a
PITA today.  I'd like to see that improve so we can increase the number
of hands making the improvements happen.

Mike