[Opensim-dev] Supplying IScene instead of Scene for the future region modules mechanism

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Tue Apr 14 18:54:24 UTC 2009

Um,

I believe you're saying "supplying a smaller subset of the functionalities of Scene", as being able to supply something else than a concrete implementation should never really be a problem - in fact, in most cases supplying an interface is more desirable.

That said, what I was advocating, is that what is now Scene, probably could do well with an overhaul, and an explicit enumeration of what a "Scene" implementation really needs to provide, on one side as a contract with the core, and on the other side, as a contract with the module API.

I believe that those things should probably look (subtly or radically) different. Not to _hide_ core functionality from the module, but to provide _tailored_ functionality, enumerated for smooth decoupling and encapsulation.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB