[Opensim-dev] Is this anything to worry about?

Ralf Haifisch ralf at ralf-haifisch.biz
Sun Apr 12 11:05:49 UTC 2009

This is over one year old...  :-)

And the guy did follow the usual rule not to open real serious hidden
problems to the public, more to demonstrate some basic principles and
outline where to look for more.

Some of the stuff is even more a legal perspective.  If you operate a region
(or a monolithic second life grid here) and allow email and http to ouside,
you are (in many countries) responsible for what is going on.  This
functionality is to be considerer a "functional risc".  The (legal,
commercial) risc comes from wanted functionality and is usually transformed
(via ToS and insurance) and reduced (e.g. by limiting messages via the email
relay).

Not to big worries here.

Cheers,
Ralf