[Opensim-dev] Is this anything to worry about?

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Sun Apr 12 08:37:00 UTC 2009

Just read that presentation, the guy missed most of the serious exploits out there.

The SL protocol by nature is very insecure - it's quite possible to spoof packets as if you were another avatar, as long as you are on a network that coincides with your target.

My advice to anyone doing anything which requires security and secrecy on the wider internet - run your OpenSim clients through a VPN, and rely on the VPN for your privacy - not the SL viewer/protocol.

Adam