[Opensim-dev] [linux-elitists] Mono considered harmful

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:57:29 UTC 2009

James Stallings II wrote:
> My Bad, looks like I'm off the must be moderated list.
> My latest 0.02$L on the topic:
>
> Seems like we should at least consider an implementation in an alternate
> language as a sort of backup.
>
> Maybe something much less a part of microsoft. Ironically I find this a
> pretty disturbing idea, having come to greatly appreciate c# on it's merits
> as a programming language.

Changing the language isn't an option, no more so than turning the linux
kernel into C++ is an option.  This is what we've got.  Anyone is
welcome to recreate OpenSim in another language, but I doubt anyone on
the current dev team is interested.  All the code is BSD licensed, so
there is no restriction to do that.

That being said, I'm declaring dead horse on this thread.  Please stop
responding as this isn't really a development topic.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade
sdague at gmail.com