[Opensim-dev] On Revisions, tags and branches

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Sun Apr 5 15:27:49 UTC 2009

> However, given that this means source releases magically appear
> shortly after tags, I'd recommend just tagging off 0.6.4.1-release,
> 0.6.4.2-release, etc when fixes go in that should release to the world.

Good call, Sean; I think that should be how we do it. At least, we could tag it once a week or every other week or so provided there's been any new fixes to it. Or if there's been critical fixes to it.

And again, I invite the whole community to participate in the release cycle handling - if done right, I believe it can be a powerful tool indeed.

/Stefan