[Opensim-dev] Mono considered harmful

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Fri Apr 3 16:00:11 UTC 2009

Sigh...

Then go pick some other platform to work on. OpenSim seems pretty
solidly committed to the C#/Mono choice it made when it was started.

And yes, of course my argument is speculation.  Unless you have a
crystal ball and know for certain you're going to get sued how can it be
anything but that.

Companies use patents for leverage all the time.  In this day and age
that's probably their highest value (fwiw, I personally don't believe
software patents are a good thing, or even sensible, copyright law seems
more appropriate to me).

Seriously, all I was saying is this is a storm in a teacup. It shouldn't
stop useful work from getting done.  Or cloud the excellent work that's
been done to date.

Mike

--
Mike Dickson <mike.dickson at hp.com>