[Opensim-dev] Mono considered harmful

Kyle create at reactiongrid.com
Fri Apr 3 15:54:16 UTC 2009

Microsoft is also supporting OpenSim though indirectly. They have offered
internal resources and have recently made some big commitments for huge
events to be hosted on ReactionGrid including their official presence there.

We are working with them on possibly adding Windows Media player to the
client along with SQL Server 2008 improvements from our internal team.  We
will be announcing some of these big projects soon along with news about 2
case studies on ReactionGrid/OpenSim that are about to be posted on their
site. We hope to get them more involved this year than ever before & both
our team and Microsoft has huge respect for what the developers have created
here using C#/.NET. Some collaboration is even forming between MS, Intel &
IBM that should help development as well.

Thanks Neb for the usually lacking opposing view. Microsoft doesn't always
make the best choices but there is a lot they do that never reaches the
press and one of those is their amazement and support of OpenSim which
should start showing better in 2009.  Again thanks to everyone for this
incredible project ReactionGrid exists due to your efforts and some great
tools by Microsoft.

Thanks again everyone for creating OpenSim-Kyle G