[Opensim-dev] Mono considered harmful

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 3 15:48:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 10:13:47AM -0500, Mike Dickson wrote:

> won't go into details) the worst case scenarios is that you'd not be
> able to run it on Linux using Mono. If you're inclined towards floating

So you're saying the worst case (which is I think is arguably
likely, actually) is that OpenSim only runs on proprietary systems.
OpenSim becoming Windows-only, eventually.

> anxiety then this is something to worry about. Otherwise from an OpenSim
> perspective there are bigger fish to fry. Like getting to 1.0...

Becoming ghetto and then long-term insignificant is less important
than getting 1.0 out of the door. Mmmh, okay. If you say so.