[Opensim-dev] Place for osFoo functions that only work with certain languages

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Thu Sep 11 09:50:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

for LSL/OSSL, we already havethat, in the form of AllowOSFunctions.
So OSSL is in fact LSL++ and remains the entry-level and compatible
language.
I do believe adding things in the OSSL context is a good thing, and
even extend this to language enhancements and types.

To say that we don't extend LSL at all is to say there is no OSSL,
and while I am all in favor of making the LSL subset of OSSL act
just like LSL, I do believe that we can add and improve things in
the context of OSSL.

OSSL is available as a choice for the region owner, so all needs can
be served. Cut & Paste compatibility for LSL script doesn't have to
mean not going beyond pure LSL.

But, I'm opposed to using the description field for anything other
than a description. Just because description is what it says on the
box. I hate imposing format requirements of free form text fields.
We already have the language specifier //xx in the script.

Melanie