[Opensim-dev] MetaEntities (was Re: SOG and scripting)

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:03:27 UTC 2008

Diva Canto wrote:
> The SOG objects I'm writing aren't backed up either -- that's as easy as
> turning a flag off, no?
> I'm not sure this distinction between SOG and MetaEntities is needed.
> All objects in scenes can be unified under the SOG hierarchy. Or maybe
> it's too early and my brain is not working properly...

It depends on the rev.  At some revisions anything added to scene gets
automatically backed up unless you go mucking with things.  I think
that's changed now, but it would be good to have some in tree examples
so that the behavior is kept.

Honestly, like I said, we were able to do just about everything without
changes, but definitely found a lot of rough edges in programming in
that model.  My intent is to simplify that without disrupting the
existing user created content model, so they can both coexist nicely in
the same scene.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade