[Opensim-dev] negative scale and negative position

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 17:24:45 UTC 2008

I think negative position for X and Y are valid terms, it's how a prim may
be moved beyond a region border. I don't know if it would be a good idea to
have a negative Z position value though. I believe SL sets the minimum Z at
zero and may disallow the prim to be too far below the ground level - or it
did at one time. Negative scale values would not be a good thing from a
physics perspective as it may create inverted proxies that wouldn't match
the visible prims. I'll look at the scaling code for the proxies and cap the
minimum at some small value above zero. It should probably also be capped in
llSetScale(), llSetPrimitiveParams(), llSetLinkPrimitiveParams(), and any
other places it can be set as it should probably throw an exception or
return an error, although LSL doesn't (currently) manage error conditions
very well.