[Opensim-dev] Sim Startup Optimisations

Lc lcc1967 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:34:56 UTC 2008

Hello all,
After some discution about the last WP's sim restarts problems due to
massive login while WP was still booting, I found we register the sim BEFORE
starting the scripts. -> Opensim.opensimbase

I made a patch to move the registration's process at the end of the sim
booting (Patch and mantis will be written later today). This move should
ease the "sim booting" process a little but it's definitivly not the
solution.

I think a better approach will be registering all the sims at the end of the
boot sequence, just before the console creation : Opensim.opensim
base.startup area.

That move will let the system to cope with all the sim booting business
before taking care of the users login.

Another improvement will be an implementation of massive
login defense system based on the userlevel. One of the approach would be
allowing a defined userlevel for xx seconds, then another level and so
forth...

Toughts ?

Sm