[Opensim-dev] Tracking Documentation in Mantis

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 22:19:39 UTC 2008

Rob Smart wrote:
> Random suggestion here ... anyone think it would be a good/bad idea to track
> documentation on Mantis ?
>
> By this I mean create a Mantis category for documentation, then people can
> submit a bug report on there if they can't find enough info about something
> they need.
>
> Then we can use Mantis to track the state of the docs too, plus people can
> raise defects against out of date/incorrect docs in a more visible way.

You over estimate how visible stuff in mantis is. :)

> Thoughts ?

Do you mean for documentation in code, or in the wiki?  If it's for the
code, I think mantis is appropriate.  If it's in the wiki I think there
are better ways to do that.

We just started using macros in the wiki like {{obsolete}} and
{{content}} that help to tag parts of the wiki that need work.  I owe a
structural guideline for the wiki as well.

It also turns out that because the template is so changed from the media
wiki default a lot of people didn't realize opensimulator.org was
actually a wiki, and that they could edit it.  I'm going to craft a new
opensim theme that keeps the color scheme, and some of the graphics, but
makes the layout look more like monobook in the hope that this helps get
more people to participate.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade