[Opensim-dev] Default Library Sound Set

Nebadon Izumi nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:18:13 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

Tonight i started to work on the default sound set for the viewer, i have
located all of the UUID's that the viewer requires, and i have started
collecting sounds, but just as a quick test I set up a stand alone OpenSIM
server and uploaded the camera sound to my Asset Database.   I then
proceeded to shut down the server and I opened the asset database in
sqlitebrowser found my newly uploaded camera sound, and replaced the UUID
with the UUID that viewer requires to play the snapshot camera sound when
you take a screen shot, just as a side note i was using the Linden 1.19.1(4)
official viewer.  So now that i had the asset in the database with the
proper UUID i restarted server and logged in, Took a screen shot and
nothing, complete silence.  So i proceeded to see if the asset was actually
available via UUID by running a llloopsound script, and what do you know
endless loop of camera snapping, I cleared my cache and relogged just to be
sure, and still no snapshot noise when taking photos, but it still played
via the script, Sooo my question to anyone able to answer this puzzle, is
there something more that needs to be done other than just putting an asset
into the table and assigning it the proper UUID, also i noticed using the
official viewer that these sounds do not get cached from the Linden Grid to
OpenSIM grids, unlike just about any other asset that resides on both grids
with the Same UUID, although i have been told by others that older viewers
do cache the sound.  So my question about that is what has changed, and what
can we do to adapt these changes to OpenSIM to accommodate both viewers.  I
would very much like to provide a default sound set for the project that
will have a nice open license but i have really hit a wall hard.   Thanks
for any info anyone can provide on these matters.

Nebadon