[Opensim-dev] Thoughts on mantis #1019

liu xiaolu lulurun at gmail.com
Wed May 28 02:03:18 UTC 2008

Thanks for the assignment, but this is too old.
and it seems that visualparams has been already stored in
"avatarappearance" table. ...

But there are questions:
* Since "visualparams" and "textureentry uuids" are extracted
from "wearables uuids" identified assets, is it neccessary (or efficient)
to store both of "textture uuids" and "wearables uuids" in the same table ?
* Why we do not apply the mechanism of assets-fetching(1st get uuids
from inventoryserver, then get the actual asset data from assetserver)
to appearance-fetching ?

Still, I think to only store "wearable uuids" in table "avatarappearance"
is more reasonble.
(at least it is good to:
* the separation of asset/inventory servers.
* reduce data duplication
  - visualparam & texture are twice stored in table "assets" and table
"avatarappearance",
    and when appearance asset data is changed only in table "assets", ... ).
)

regards,
lulurun

--