[Opensim-dev] More on asset portability

liu xiaolu lulurun at gmail.com
Thu May 22 04:39:15 UTC 2008

What I said "copy" is not a conclusion, even not proposal, it is just a
imagination following
the data portability concept. we can add new configuration options in
OpenSim.ini, to let
region owners have the chance to specify their service operation policies.
such as:
they can forbid "automatical copies"
they can have a black list of malicious AI servers

What I want to say for now is only about
Where should we place the "GetUserAppearance", UserServer or InventoryServer
?

About the asset portability, trusted data tranformation, about how to meet
with various kinds
of region owners' expactations, We could have more and more discussion on
it, but before
that we have to take the first step.

regards,
lulurun