[Opensim-dev] Opensim-dev Digest, Vol 9, Issue 13

Dr Scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Thu May 15 07:40:40 UTC 2008

Ryan Farnham wrote:
> Hello, I need help in order to keep my sanity, lol
> When I try to run any of opensim binaries including the linux download
> version with mono on Fedora 8 I get the following error.
>
> ------
>
> ** (./OpenSim.exe:4771): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced
> from /root/Desktop/opensimbin/OpenSim.Framework.Data.SQLite.dll could
> not be loaded:
>      Assembly:   System.Data    (assemblyref_index=1)
>      Version:    2.0.0.0
>      Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
> The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed
> in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the
> executing assembly (/root/Desktop/opensimbin/).
you seem to be running with a previously used OpenSim.ini (or there is a
bug in the OpenSim.ini generator) --- the code base got re-organized a
little while ago, as a consequence the DB plugins no longer live in the
OpenSim.Framework.Data namespace but instead have moved up (posher part
of town) to OpenSim.Data. what you need to do is either

    * get rid of your OpenSim.ini and let OpenSim generate a new one
      ("get rid" as in "mv OpenSim.ini OpenSim.ini.backup"), or
    * edit your OpenSim.ini and change OpenSim.Framework.Data. prefix to
      OpenSim.Data.

    cheers,
    dr scofield

--
dr dirk husemann, mathmatics and computer science, ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- drscofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/