[Opensim-dev] Strange Physics issues ...

Ursula MATOVA ursula.matova at klintcentral.net
Mon May 5 08:43:39 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Before I create a Mantis entry, I'd like to know if some of you are
experiencing issues with physics ?

 From SVN.4447 something, I have many problems with ODE.
There is a very long delay ( more than 4 or 5 seconds ) between
keyboard moving entries and Avatar response :(

I have tried to use previous and working libode.dylib/libode.so ... No
effect,
I have tried an older S/L client ( 1.18.5-3 ) : No Effect,
I have tried to compile ODE from sources : No Effect,
I have tried to upgrade my Mono 1.9 to Mono 1.9.1 : No Effects,

I also noticed, when you shutdown the simulator a console message :

10:14:16 - [PHYSICS]:ODELOCK

Haven't seen this before ...

I also noticed problems when crossing regions.

Many thanks,

Regards,
Ursula.

PS: Running OpenSim SVN.4530, Standalone, 4x4 Regions, Linux ( "From
Scratch 6.3" ), Athlon64X2, 4GB.