[Opensim-dev] LindenLab tightens policy on Trademarks

Alan M Webb alan_webb at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 25 20:21:40 UTC 2008

So how about galaxy? I'm amazed they could have trademarked Grid - that's
a notion that certainly predated LL.

Best regards
Alan
-------------------
T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY
1-914-784-7286
alan_webb at us.ibm.com

Stefan Andersson <stefan at tribalmedia.se>
Sent by: opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de
03/25/2008 04:16 PM
Please respond to
opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de

<opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de>
cc

Subject
Re: [Opensim-dev] LindenLab tightens policy on Trademarks

Actually, no cyberpun(k) intended; but 'Matrix' is a descriptive term for
this (legacy and rather unimaginative) arrangement of nodes. Quite
possibly the bland term 'table' would work as well. 'Lattice' is probably
what we want, what with groups of groups and all. (A lattice can be formed
by sub-lattices)

Or, why don't we just leave the 2d-flat earth notion of a
grid/matrix/table/lattice and move our mindsets more towards a 'Net',
'Whorl', 'Dispersion', 'Maelstrom' or 'Interjectory'?

Yours dispersed thru time and space,
/Stefan

PS: All this aside, I say we write everything LL or SL - trademark -
derivative  -out- of the core and wiki ASAP. God only Knows where LL is
headed what with recent movements and events. Let's pose it 'the great
mental cast off' DS.

<DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net> wrote:
> > Garth FairChang wrote:
> > > Suggestions for grid: