[Opensim-dev] Mixed License (module) svn

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 21 15:49:53 UTC 2008

As we head towards an OpenSim 0.6 release, hopefully in about 6-8 weeks from where we are now, which is 0.5.4, it seems to me that we have a chance to make a couple of minor snapshot releases and then 0.6.

Recent thoughts indicate that the following releases on roughly two week intervals might be appropriate. That is, 0.5.6, 0.5.8 and then 0.6.

Our 0.6 Roadmap (proposed) at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Roadmap has:

  0.6 Proposed  Database NHibernate (if possible.  This unifies a lot of the data paths and there is some sample NHibernate code on the list)
 Persistance for AV Appear across Sim Reboots (partial implementation by MW already)
 Scripting Complete LSL functions (~ 30% now)
 Script engine base improvements
 Grid Mode OGS2 REST protocol (we've been kicking this around for a while, perhaps 0.6 is the right time for it?)
 Physics Hollow and Cut Prims support (need to write for 20 prim types)
 Canned Assets Clothes
 Bodies
 Prim Objects
 Animations
 Textures
 Profile Would like to write a Profile Module interface that lets you
backend the profile pane to various different directory services
(sdague)
So, I guess the questions for the group are:

1. Does this represent out perception of where we wish to be for the 0.6 release?
2. Are two minor snapshot releases of 0.5.6 & 0.5.8 followed by 0.6 reasonable?
3. Is merely increasing the time between the snapshots (if desired by core) sufficient for us to get to 0.6 without undue angst?

Yours Truly, Don Quixote
Trusty Steed, Trusty Lance, Pesky Windmills.