[Opensim-dev] Violating the GPL by looking (Re: Voice Module)

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 08:45:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:54 AM, Dzonatas <dzonatas at dzonux.net> wrote:

>  The simple answer to he thread probably is to have separate repositories
>  that can be coordinated together somehow as some suggest. I think open
>  standards are more viable.

In the context of opensim, much/most of what has been designed was
'invented' by Linden's employees, and/or is obvious improvement to it.

I should also mention that MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 are 'open standards',
except that they are patented.  As are various of the computer
telephony standards from the ITU.  If the 'open standards' aren't
necessarily patent-free, what is?

-Kyle H