[Opensim-dev] Violating the GPL by looking (Re: Voice Module)

Ryan McDougall ryan at 3di.jp
Tue Mar 18 14:14:54 UTC 2008

----- "Charles Krinke" <cfk at pacbell.net> wrote:

> We would welcome support and contributions of code as long as they fit within the structure set up.

Thats not true, since anyone from Open Second Life has been Tainted and is unable to participate in Open Sim. It sucks if your first patch happened to be fore Second Life, because now you will never be able to participate in Open Sim.

*Thats* where the schism lies, and thats the exclusion:

1. There is no choosing Open Sim if you started out on SL. Everyone on SL-dev is tainted and can never help OpenSim.

2. In order to avoid taint, one must avoid open SL. OpenSim devs can never go to SL-dev if they ever want back.

Two camps waving across the divide as they walk on by each other. Doesn't sound very promising to me.

Cheers,