[Opensim-dev] Friday Bug-a-thon

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Mar 13 21:23:05 UTC 2008

I propose a weekly bug-a-thon, starting this week.

Tomorrow (Friday) at 10 - 12 US EST (14 - 16 GMT, please ref other tz
accordingly) on #opensim-dev IRC, I'd like as many folks as possible to
partake in helping to clarify bugs in the OpenSim mantis tracker
(http://opensimulator.org/mantis)

The goal of this first bug-a-thon is to:
 * make sure that every mantis item with an included patch makes it into
   the patch included state.
 * test as many patches as possible, getting patches into the patch
   ready state.
 * confirm as many bugs as possible.
 * close out bugs that we are pretty sure are out of date.
 * generally make sure that bugs in the tracker are actionable.  This
   means that crashes should have enough data and background to
   investigate them further.

There has been a lot of great work on the Mantis tracker this week, and
it's resulted in a number of great fixes for OpenSim.  Let's keep it up!

    -Sean