[Opensim-dev] Thoughts....

The Burnman theburnman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:49:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Gryc Ueusp <gryc.ueusp at gmail.com> wrote:

> And besides, my country may have different copyright laws than yours. (For
> example, I can use content under Fair Use.)

I think you would be hard pressed to use someone else's script under the
Fair Use clause.  :)

> Lets not implement anything past what SL already has, it's not our job to
> enforce one country's concept of copyright.  That's what the USA's DMCA
> and
> copyright infringement lawsuits are for.

My stance at this point is not to implement anything SL doesn't already
have.  It was in response to the suggestion that inventory assets be stored
locally, thus making them excessively easy for people to steal.