[Opensim-dev] Thoughts....

Sean Heavy seanheavy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 04:37:24 UTC 2008

I am coming into this thread/opensim-dev mailing list late, but let me
see if I can recap what I'm hearing.

A group of guys gets together to put hours and hours of their talent and
energy over weeks, months and perhaps years to create something truly
amazing even at a point of being only half done, (OpenSim). They give it
away to anyone who wants it for free, with all rights to do as you wish,
just mention their name when you use it. They even find others willing
to give away free bandwidth for testing and sharing the development,
(servers hosting the SVN repository). Others take that totally awesome
and still free product, (OpenSim), and use it to provide a free service
for anyone who cares to sign up, (OSGrid, DeepGrid, etc. etc).  This
group of guys even provides free support via email and IRC to those
having trouble getting installed or connected. They even listen to and
consider working ideas that they may not agree with into their software,
all for free.

Ummm, wait.... what was the question again?... How do we take a 512x512
tga shirt texture and protect it from being stolen? I guess I'm missing
the point here.

Anything I create in OpenSim will be licensed with one of these or similar:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
or
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/

Best Regards,