[Opensim-dev] Thoughts....

dr scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Mon Mar 3 10:13:39 UTC 2008

Terry Ford wrote:
> Hi Burnman,
> I can see where your concern is coming from and I agree that content
> creators will indeed need some sort of protection.. maybe encryption of
> the data when uploaded to the client inventory would be a possibility.
won't work. that's going down the DRM route. DRM is not just not
working: core fallacy of DRM: you want to keep content secret from the
user and at the same time want the user to display it. does not work.

    cheers,
    dr scofield

--
dr dirk husemann, mathmatics and computer science, ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- drscofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/