[Opensim-dev] OpenSim codebase statistics.

Mariusz Nowostawski mariusz at nowostawski.org
Fri Jun 27 00:32:46 UTC 2008

Mike Mazur wrote:

[...]

> There are actually more unit tests (though not many more). Try pointing
> nunit at bin/OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Common.Tests.dll as well.

Great - thanks. 20 extra existing tests added to the stats. I hope more
will come.

>> (note: building is done on the 64-bit Opteron Linux server, and all
>> the build time is in seconds and the warnings are on Linux with mono
>> 1.9.1, so they may vary slightly between particular compiler used).
>
> From what I understand there are some 32-bit binaries that are provided
> in the SVN checkout. I'm not sure to what extent they're referenced at
> build time, but since you're building on a 64-bit platform, perhaps they
> contribute some of the warnings?
>
> Somebody more familiar with this can probably clarify further.

As far as I can see none of the warnings is related to the 32-bit vs.
64-bit dependencies - all the warnings are compiler warnings that are
cause by the source code not following the ECMA rules, such as:
The variable is declared/assigned but its value is never used
The private field is declared/assigned but its value is never used
The private method is declared but never used
The method hides inherited member
something obsolete is used,
and so on.

What I meant is that various compilers may or may not be religous about
all of these warnings, and also it may depend on the particular compiler
flags being used. We use the standard build process as it is setup on
the SVN trunk itself.

--
cheers
Mariusz