[Opensim-dev] OpenSim codebase statistics.

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 23:30:40 UTC 2008

Hi Mariusz,

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:00:08 +1200
Mariusz Nowostawski <mariusz at nowostawski.org> wrote:

> We have build a nightly build system to collect some statistics on the
> ongoing efforts within OpenSim codebase. This is a project related to
> performance testing and performance enhancements (sponsored and in
> collaboration with 3Di, Japan). Currently, the system fetches once a
> day the copy of the SVN tree, checks what have been added, what have
> been removed, what have been updated, builds the binaries, checks for
> code warnings, runs the nunit tests (all 1 of them!) and collects
> stats for these and also generates the doxygen docs.

There are actually more unit tests (though not many more). Try pointing
nunit at bin/OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Common.Tests.dll as well.

> (note: building is done on the 64-bit Opteron Linux server, and all
> the build time is in seconds and the warnings are on Linux with mono
> 1.9.1, so they may vary slightly between particular compiler used).

From what I understand there are some 32-bit binaries that are provided
in the SVN checkout. I'm not sure to what extent they're referenced at
build time, but since you're building on a 64-bit platform, perhaps they
contribute some of the warnings?

Somebody more familiar with this can probably clarify further.

Thanks!
Mike