[Opensim-dev] UUID [Was: Proposal to eliminate the name, description and invType fields from the

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Tue Jun 24 09:11:06 UTC 2008

Actually, no. What I meant was that in that case, the _content_creator_ would have to have the items in his inventory (and probably set to something like 'anyone can copy'... ;) )The moment he takes them out of his inventory, they are gone.

Which, incidentally, probably is the kind of control you'd want anyway.

If you want some kind of 'system' assets, they could be given to a system user.

Continuing on the 'detailed keeping track' the _scripted_change_ would also update the references, so that the object itself would then keep a reference to the texture.

By the way, the same track-keeping thing would go for objects; that would mean that the moment a user is gone, truly unused objects can be reaped from assets and inventory.

This is not proposing a solution, merely trying to think outside the SL box.
Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB Join the 3d web revolution : http://tribalnet.se/