[Opensim-dev] Archiver issues

Michael Wright michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 08:31:01 UTC 2008

Most likely unrelated to this, but we are still seeing objects not getting saved to the db at times during normal building. So I think the backup process is quite fragile.

"Frisby, Adam" <adam at deepthink.com.au> wrote:                        Hey,

  I just spent a few hours debugging a very weird issue, and I thought it might be worthwhile bringing it to someone’s attention (ie, Justin) – it looks like when something is loaded from the archiver, it doesn’t guarantee that it will get pushed to the DB, meaning after a restart things vanish.

  My initial look at the problem seems to indicate that we are only saving root primitives (although there were a couple of exceptions to this rule when I looked in the DB so this was not an absolute), or somehow the DB engine is aborting after a midway save. This has been confirmed as going on from 5561 through to 5629.

  Mantis#1819 is related to this problem.

  I have an archive file which can confirm reproduction of this file, however I’ll need permission to pass it out – I can make the request to pass it on to anyone who is looking at this problem and cannot reproduce it otherwise.

  Regards,

  Adam