[Opensim-dev] Archiver issues

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Fri Jul 25 03:48:31 UTC 2008

Hey,

I just spent a few hours debugging a very weird issue, and I thought it might be worthwhile bringing it to someone's attention (ie, Justin) - it looks like when something is loaded from the archiver, it doesn't guarantee that it will get pushed to the DB, meaning after a restart things vanish.

My initial look at the problem seems to indicate that we are only saving root primitives (although there were a couple of exceptions to this rule when I looked in the DB so this was not an absolute), or somehow the DB engine is aborting after a midway save. This has been confirmed as going on from 5561 through to 5629.

Mantis#1819 is related to this problem.

I have an archive file which can confirm reproduction of this file, however I'll need permission to pass it out - I can make the request to pass it on to anyone who is looking at this problem and cannot reproduce it otherwise.

Regards,

Adam