[Opensim-dev] Moving OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 to Framework

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:16:32 UTC 2008

Hello folks,

In the course of trying to eliminate some duplicate create user code, I've reached a point where it seems to make more
sense if most of the classes in OpenSim.Region.Communications.Local/OGS1 were in new equivalently named Framework packages.

This doesn't strike me as unreasonable since most of the classes in there (with the exception of
OGS1InterSimCommunications) address service calls that are not necessarily region specific.  For instance, the map calls
in OGS1GridServices and the user profile calls in OGS1UserServices could be reused by other .net programs.  In the
longer term some further splitting of services may well be desirable (as has been mentioned before).

Any objections on moving these packages?  The actual code impact will be minimal since most references are to
OpenSim.Framework.Communications anyway.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey