[Opensim-dev] Mantis preening

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 15:01:26 UTC 2008

Greets all,

Me again ;)

In case you were unaware, I've lately gotten manager privs on mantis. I've
been trying to periodically 'clean' it of inappropriate entries; meaning old
and out of date, fixed but not closed, no-fix, etc

Typically I have tried to test every issue before closing it, and will
continue to do so.

I had initially accepted this with the condition that I get guidance on the
issues I'm closing, but have since come to understand that folks really dont
have much time for that or they would have addresses the relevant mantii
themselves ;)

So the approach I'm following at this point is test; if I cant prove the
issue irrelevant, I get confoirmation from another user. Otherwise, I'l
close them.

Should anyone feel at any point that a given issue should not have been
closed, please let me know and I will test and generate a fresh ticket with
your consultation.

Also note that I will never assign a ticket without first discussing it with
the assignee.

If you have any concerns or suggestions about this approach please do let me
know.

Cheers
James/daTwitch

--