[Opensim-dev] Lively

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jul 10 13:08:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 08:49:29PM +0800, Kenny Ming wrote:
> Talking about "grid jump"
>
>       "In fact, Linden Lab will start an Open Grid Public Beta
> <http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Grid_Public_Beta> in July, making
> the Second Life Preview Grid available with Open Grid Protocol support
> for login and teleport. This first phase of the Open Grid Public Beta is
> designed for developers who want to test OpenSim interoperability with
> Second Life. IBM will contribute back to the community the enhancements
> it made to the OpenSim source code to support the Open Grid Protocol. In
> addition, an Open Grid version of the Second Life Viewer will be
> available for beta participants by Linden Lab. For information on
> interoperability testing, visit:
> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Grid_Public_Beta."
>           -- from LL blog

That isn't grid jump, you are still attached to a single agent domain,
which is SecondLife.  While it's a step forward, to be able to attach
3rd party Sims, it won't let you do a jump between SL and OSGrid, for
instance.

What I want is to go to OSGrid, find some groups single Sim which shows
off some of what is on their grid, and provides a control to click which
takes me fully to their grid.

    -Sean