[Opensim-dev] r5334 - in trunk: . OpenSim/Region/ScriptEngine/DotNetEngine/Compiler/LSL bin

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Jul 8 01:44:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 10:33:21AM +0900, Mike Mazur wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:36:38 -0400
> Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 09:02:19AM +0000, joha1 at opensimulator.org
> > wrote:
> > > Author: joha1
> > --- SNIP ---
> > >    trunk/bin/Tools.dll
> >
> > What's the origin of this Tools binary?  And what license is it under?
> > I didn't see anything added to 3rd party licenses for it.
>
> We have received express permission from the author via email:
>
> "There is no problem with using the code in any way you like, as long as
> somewhere you say that that is what you have done (in the source for
> example)."
>
> So, I'm not sure what would be required from the OpenSim point of view.
> Could you specify? Would a note in ThirdPartyLicenses/ stating the
> above be sufficient?

Well, there are 2 concerns.  The first is the ability to proove that the
code is under a compatible license.  That set of comments is probably
fine, but documenting it in ThirdPartyLicenses is appropriate.

The second is having anything in bin/ that we don't have ready access to
source for, incase we need to fix a bug.  It would be good if the source
was checked into opensim-libs if it isn't readily pointable to by a url.

    -Sean