[Opensim-dev] sqlite3 UUID formats in build 3077

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:42:53 UTC 2008

Hi there,

The original change was accidental.  I appreciate your pain - I do
believe we try to avoid changing things arbitrarily non-accidentally
(for instance, we jumped through quite a few hoops a while back to
maintain the existing different uuid persistence across the different
databases when libsl changed their LLUUID.ToString() behaviour).

At some point there may need to be a large change to make LLUUID
persistence consistent across the different database tables.  However, I
would hope that when that day comes, everything is done in the same
revision so the pain of migrating data only needs to be suffered once.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey