[Opensim-dev] another little can of worms: attachments :-)

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:20:30 UTC 2008

Good point both... triggered a few derivative thoughts.

1) from Dan's: "how are the 'huge dino' avatars are made - whose height is
above the max height of the avatar"

2) from Melanie's: "the attachment stuff is essentially pure clientside, the
physics is serverside"

3) there was another phenomenon yesterday - when editing the position of the
wearable attachment with that hacky patch, sometimes it would start wobble
around and generally behave "very spooky".

all these three seem to get me to the assumption which needs to be checked,
which is that the wearable prims start to "forcefully" move according to the
avatar's movement. Will need to test that - or there needs to be some other
explanation..

On a related topic for the physics side, question probably for Dan:

 if I currently have a tetrahedron consisting of 4 linked cubes, with 3
cubes resting on the ground, scripted in such a way that they start to go
"further away" from the top cube - hence triggering the collision with the
ground - do we handle such a case currently by pushing up all the three
cubes as a single object ? (hence creating the resulting force on the
tetrahedron which would effectively make the top cube "lift up" ?)

/d