[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-users] Questions

Giulio Prisco metaxlr8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 07:19:57 UTC 2008

Thanks Adam,

this looks very promising, and I definitely look forward to release 1.0.

I think Second Life had the huge merit of putting the metaverse in the
zeitgeist, but now that the press hype wave seems over I see users -
and many of our clients - beginning to outgrow the SL and become
interested in a more sustainable metaverse based on open standards and
code, where they can be in full control of their own VR presence.

More thoughts here
http://metaxlr8.net/index.php/site/opensim_future_wishlist/ and
http://metaxlr8.net/index.php/site/the_metaverse_in_2007_and_2008/ -
in summary I wish to see business and professional
collaboration-vlearning oriented features, full integration with
Facebook and OpenSoclal, and a payment system based on a standard
e-currency.

I see two clear metaverse candidates: OpenSim and OpenCroquet, both
very promising. It is very difficult to bet on one instead of the
other, we try to follow both but often clients ask for a clear
indication and a proposed roadmap.
G.

--
Giulio Prisco