[Opensim-dev] libgdiplus and OS X

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Tue Feb 12 15:58:28 UTC 2008

Yeah, I was having problems with libgdiplus on Mac OSX. After chasing
the dependencies, this seems to be the story: libgdiplus has a
dependency on X11's libXrender, which, in turn has dependencies on lots
of other X11 libraries, namely: libXSM, libICE, libX11 and
libfontconfig. On my defatult installation of X11, the .dylib's were not
there. So I downloaded and compiled X11 to obtain those libraries (I
didn't think of the CD! :-)

I was able to get rid of the errors on missing .dylib's, but in the
process of doing this and trying things randomly, mono is complaining of
missing .so's which completely confused me -- and result in uncaught
exceptions, for which I had to patch the code. Since I have other
servers running both Windows and Linux, and I don't love Mac OS enough,
I sort of gave up on Mac. My Mac OpenSim is up and running at
tagus.ics.uci.edu (authentication off, everyone welcome), but I won't be
doing much more there. I've moved to Windows and Linux.