[Opensim-dev] Groups and using our sims more

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 22:18:24 UTC 2008

As I understood it, someone had started work on a module, hosted on forge -
but I checked out the code for the module and other than reporting it's name
as 'osgroups', it is an empty module. I'd be delighted to start doing some
legwork if some one is willing to point me towards an entrypoint.

Cheers
James

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Ideia Boa <ideiaboa at gmail.com> wrote:

>  +1000 to groups implementation with HyperGrid notions, but please don't
> put down ICR. the 2 things are complementary
>

> Charles Krinke wrote:
>
>  We are at the point where I believe some modest group implementation
> would help us move along significantly. Particularly, if our group
> implmentation had HyperGrid notions are were grid-agnostic.
>
> We spend a lot of time on IRC these days and are missing the chance to use
> our sims more.
>
> If we had even a modest implementation of groups, then it would be possible
> for folks to be testing building & scripting and our IRC activities could,
> in some measure, move over to a "HyperGrid Group Chat".
>
> I would like to encourage us to think about this and see if there is a way
> to begin some modest implementation.
>
> Charles

"They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's
night once more."
- 'Waiting for Godot', by Samuel Beckett
http://osgrid.org
http://del.icio.us/SPQR
http://twitter.com/jstallings2
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/5/770/a49