[Opensim-dev] Auditorium for 500

Kyle "G" create at reactiongrid.com
Sat Dec 13 12:15:43 UTC 2008

I am working on a sponsor package where we get a Quad Quadcore Xeon from my
ISP with 32GB DDR2 RAM  with 2X SCSI’s w16MB cache.  If I get this to go
through we are going to use this for some OpenSim community testing on
concurrency.  I do not know if 500 could get into 1 auditorium but we are
going to try some tricks if not like possibly using HyperGrid (thanks
Christina!) to link grids like SL links 4 sims to get to their 400 avatar
limits (est).

This is not necessarily the fastest machine on the planet but it should tell
us a lot we can extrapolate to other hardware.

My hope is each grid could do 500 avatars but I would be happy with 100
avatars each. I will keep you posted on any success with this project and
any results/load testing we accomplish.

Kyle G
www.reactiongrid.com