[Opensim-dev] external host name

Cristina Videira Lopes lopes at ics.uci.edu
Fri Dec 12 19:26:05 UTC 2008

Let's see if I can capture and summarize this discussion.

Internally, the RegionInfo data structure(s) should store the external
host name as it is given in the configuration process. If that is a
domain name, that's what the region info will store; if it's an IP
address, that's what it will store.

Lookup of IP addresses will be made internally whenever necessary. The
conversions will not be stored in those data structures. This has some
drawbacks wrt performance, but we'll optimize later if necessary.

Is this right?

Crista