[Opensim-dev] Stable Branch pt III Was: RFC: Changing default script engine to xengine

Nebadon Izumi nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:02:46 UTC 2008

I run primarily windows and find Dozens more issues with Dotnetengine on
Windows, to myself Dotnetengine is 100% unuseable in 100% of my sims, why we
keep babying this virtually non-supported module is beyond me, Xengine needs
to be made the primary only if because virtually no one supports
Dotnetengine, other than to try their best to bring its functionality to
that which Xengine has reached, but i cant remember the last time
Dotnetengine did something more and better than Xengine does, i dont think
theres ever been a case where dotnetengine outpeformed or was more stable
than Xengine.  And back to the reason why i responded, Windows runs
monumentally better on Xengine than Dotnetengine, and thats my two cents.

Neb