[Opensim-dev] An Open Letter to Open Source and OpenSim Communities

Adam Johnson adjohn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:52:54 UTC 2008

Also, OpenViewer (formerly pyov) is multi-platform (Windows, and Linux
at the moment).  The said ActiveX control just allows the OpenViewer
project to run in IE.  There is nothing stopping anyone from creating
the same thing in Firefox on multiple platforms.  More or less, it's a
lack of resources.

OpenViewer also allows devs to commit to both OpenSim, and OpenViewer
without any "taint" issues to worry about.

If the rex team has legal advice on that matter, please share it with
us so that we can evaluate their legal advice properly.  One of the
main reasons for the strict policy is because there was no lawyer
available to provide that opinion.  It may be of help in changing the
policy.

Best Regards,
Adam Johnson