[Opensim-dev] An Open Letter to Open Source and OpenSim Communities

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:33:48 UTC 2008

Hurliman, John wrote:
> Sean,
> You posted a link to a viewer written in a Windows-only in-browser technology, a viewer written in an ActiveX control, and a Python viewer that interfaces with C# code. I'm a huge fan of the latter project and have been following it eagerly, but it's a different discussion when you are talking about building the Firefox of virtual worlds.

My understanding of Idealist viewer is that it doesn't fall into any of
those categories (no python, not browser only, and it has been gotten up
on mono on Linux).  However, I was mostly reflecting other knowledge
into the discussion, Teravus would be better to speak on the merits of
Idealist.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade