[Opensim-dev] rex auth & avatar systems (Re: future rexviewer merger)

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 8 17:26:01 UTC 2008

I'm sorry. This is an OpenSim discussion channel. So, we are interested in what OpenSim is doing and where we are going.

We have two different teleporting methods in OpenSim already. One is the AWG/OGP which allows teleporting from the LL betagrid to an OpenSim region. The other is the "HyperGrid", which allows teleporting between OpenSim grids or regions.

We certainly can consider a third, and that certainly could be Rex. Or, certain Rex features may be added to the existing two interop technologies we already support.

So, with that in mind, lets move forward and discuss the technical details of how the Rex technology works and how some or all of it is appropriate to add to OpenSim.

Charles