[Opensim-dev] future rexviewer merger

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Sat Dec 6 03:25:10 UTC 2008

> Fromn what I gather, Rex is intent on pushing both the login service
> and the viewer onto OpenSim. Including going to the point of
> breaking SL viewer compatibility. I am totally opposed to this. I
> would never endorse a single LL-Code based viewer as _the_ viewer,
> to the exclusion of any other, unless it's fully BSD licensed, e.g.
> developed from scratch.

This actually isn't true.

The login service is wholly self-contained in the modular rex DLL, there's no dependency on modifying OpenSim at all. (Yes, this required a lot of hackery initially to work, but it does.), so there's no real reason to push it back to OpenSim since there's no core changes.

Regards,

Adam