[Opensim-dev] EstablishAgentCommunication

Dr Scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Thu Dec 4 10:41:35 UTC 2008

Cristina Videira Lopes wrote:
> In conversation with jhurliman tonight, it seems that there is a whole
> piece of client/server protocol that's not implemented in opensim. That
> is EstablishAgentCommunication, which activates CAPS and the EQ in child
> agents. jhurliman made a picture:
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Image:Child-event-queue.png
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? And what is the context for it
> being missing?
>
> I've started implementing it, but was blocked for lack of understanding
> of what CAPS seed represents in opensim. According to jhurliman, all
> regions must have their own different seeds, but I'm having a hard time
> seeing that in the code. Any hints?

default CAPs are done in Scene.AddCapsHandler(UUID) which also triggers an
OnRegisterCaps event via the EventManager (so that region modules can add
specific caps; for example, the voice region module will add voice specific CAPs).

	cheers,
	DrS

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab