[Opensim-dev] EstablishAgentCommunication

Cristina Videira Lopes lopes at ics.uci.edu
Thu Dec 4 07:11:58 UTC 2008

In conversation with jhurliman tonight, it seems that there is a whole
piece of client/server protocol that's not implemented in opensim. That
is EstablishAgentCommunication, which activates CAPS and the EQ in child
agents. jhurliman made a picture:

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Image:Child-event-queue.png

Does anyone know anything about this? And what is the context for it
being missing?

I've started implementing it, but was blocked for lack of understanding
of what CAPS seed represents in opensim. According to jhurliman, all
regions must have their own different seeds, but I'm having a hard time
seeing that in the code. Any hints?

Crista